For those of you who didn’t want to fight the crowds at 3:00 a.m. this morning—don’t worry—there are still a lot of Black Friday deals to be had online. Real Black Friday shopping is for a much more die-hard breed than myself, so you won’t find me sprinting through the aisles anytime soon. On the other hand, I don’t want to miss out on the extremely low prices on tablets and eReaders that Black Friday sales usually offer.
Camping out in front of a Best Buy for three days just doesn’t sound appealing, but I am willing to spend that time surfing the Internet for deals, many of which average out to be just as good as the ones found in-store. Finding the best prices on tablets and eReaders can be a challenge, especially since there are so many to choose from.
Here are a few tips that will help you get the best deal on the device you want:
- This year, a lot of retailers are trying to attract online shoppers through social media alerts and Facebook coupons. Check your favorite store’s Twitter and Facebook pages throughout the day.
- Create a new Gmail account and use this address specifically to sign up for every email alert you could possible want. This way, your regular inbox won’t be cluttered by obscene amounts of ad messages for the rest of the year. You will have all your shopping deals in one spot, not mixed in with your regular email.
- Go to the .com pages of all the major retailers. Amazon, Best Buy, Barnes & Noble, Sony, and Target should be at the top of your list. For example, B&N has a 30% off coupon posted right on their homepage.
- If you are trying to decide between an ASUS Transformer Infinity or a Google Nexus 10, go to YouTube and watch some video reviews. MobileTechReview, gadgetjm, and The-eBook-Reader.com will provide detailed information about the devices you want to know more about. Watching video reviews before making a purchase is crucial in my opinion.
- Be patient. Don’t click “buy” on the first device that catches your eye. Do some research, check the specs, and don’t buy ultra cheap tablets or 7″ color eReaders.
Hope this helps. Stay sharp. Feel free to post any deals you find in the comments section.